- VA Loans offer unique benefits to eligible veterans and active duty servicemen and women who are looking for:
- The option to make no down payment
- Limited closing costs
- Flexible qualifications
- Fixed-rate and adjustable-rate loan options
- Low interest rates
What Is a VA Loan?
It's a home loan with no required down payment and favorable loan terms for Active Duty Service members, Veterans, Reservists, National Guard members, surviving spouses, and certain other individuals who meet eligibility requirements can use VA loans to purchase homes or refinance existing mortgages. VA loans are guaranteed by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
VA loans are one of the only mortgages to offer 100% financing (no down payment ) for a home purchase. In addition, VA loans offer refinance and cash out options that can be used to pay off debt, fund major expenses, make home improvements, or refinance a non-VA home loan into a VA home loan with improved terms.
There is also a streamlined option known as an Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan (IRRRL) that provides veterans with existing VA loans an opportunity to quickly and easily refinance an existing VA loan. Underwriting terms are very relaxed on an IRRRL an they allow veterans or active duty to quickly and easily pursue a refinance when market conditions improve and interest rates drop.
Is an VA Loan Right for You?
A VA loan may be right for you if you:
- Veteran who meets the eligibility requirements established by the U.S Department of Veterans Affairs*
- Want the option of making no down payment
- Want to save money by avoiding monthly Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) requirements
Ready to apply?
It's easy to apply. Only 15 minutes and some basic questions about you and your finances.Apply Now