H&R Block is changing banks!
On December 8, 2020, all existing H&R Block-branded accounts at Axos Bank® are moving to MetaBank®, N.A. Please know that Emerald Financial Services, LLC, an H&R Block company, will continue to service your account, so you can contact them at 1-866-353-1266 with any questions during this process. Answers to some common questions may be found below, including what accounts are being transferred, how long your old Emerald Card® will work, and what you need to do.
This transition will cover any H&R Block-branded account you currently have at Axos, including H&R Block Emerald Prepaid Mastercard®, H&R Block Emerald Advance®, Refund Transfer, Refund Advance, H&R Block Emerald Savings®, and other H&R Block-branded accounts including credit cards, gift cards and rewards cards. If you have an account at Axos that is not associated with H&R Block, like a mortgage, a car loan, or an IRA, that account will not be transferred.
- Identity of Bank: Your accounts are now at MetaBank. All references in your legal agreements to Axos Bank now refer to MetaBank going forward.
- Arbitration: MetaBank will now be added to the arbitration provisions in your legal agreement(s). If you wish to opt out of this change, please fill out this form, or send a signed letter to MetaBank Arbitration Opt Out, P.O. Box 5846, Kansas City, MO 64171, within 60 days of when you received notice of the change.
- Choice of Law: Your accounts are governed by federal law and, to the extent state law applies, the laws of the State of South Dakota (where MetaBank is located), except as otherwise provided in the arbitration agreement.
- Emerald Advance Annual Percentage Rate (APR): If you have an existing Emerald Advance at Axos that you are maintaining using the unsecured method, your APR will be lowered from 36% to 35.9%.
If you have an Emerald Card, here is a complete copy of your new Cardholder Agreement. While all the features you love about Emerald Card will remain, you may need to set up certain functionality again. See “What Do I Need to Do for my Emerald Card?” below.
If you have an Emerald Card from Axos, you will need to activate your new Emerald Card issued by MetaBank by March 8, 2021. Your Emerald Card issued by Axos will stop working on that date.
In addition, your account at MetaBank will have a new account number. If you are using any of the following functionality on your old Emerald Card, you will need to set it up again when you activate your new Emerald Card.
- Direct Deposit – Please know that Emerald Financial Services, LLC, an H&R Block company, will help facilitate a seamless transition of your direct deposit for a limited time, but to ensure there is no interruption or delay in the posting of funds in the future, you need to update the instructions with your employer or benefits provider. You can find more details, including a form you can give to your employer or benefits provider, in your MyBlock account under Emerald Card – Direct Deposit.
- Direct Debits – If you have set up recurring direct debits using your Axos account number or card number, you will need to set those up again with your new information.
- Bill Pay – You will need to enroll for Bill Pay again after the transfer.
Your Emerald Card issued by Axos Bank will work until (1) you activate your new Emerald Card issued by MetaBank, or (2) March 8, 2021, whichever is earlier.
You can find it in your MyBlock account - sign in to your new Emerald Card and go to the Direct Deposit section. Or, call 1-866-353-1266.
You can visit any open H&R Block office, and Please know that Emerald Financial Services, LLC, an H&R Block company, will assist you in getting a new card issued by MetaBank. Or, if you would prefer a card be mailed to you, please call 1-866-353-1266.
This change will not impact your refund. If your refund is sent to your Refund Account, it will be processed, and the proceeds will be sent as you directed during tax preparation.
If you have your taxes prepared at an H&R Block tax office or using our online product and choose to send your tax refund to an Emerald Card, you will be issued a new MetaBank Emerald Card, if you don’t already have one. Your tax refund may be accessed using this card.
If you applied and were approved for an Emerald Advance in 2020, then you also have a new Emerald Card issued by MetaBank, because they are also the new Emerald Advance lender. Please see "What do I need to do for my Emerald Card?" above for any actions you may need to take for your new MetaBank Emerald Card.
Axos Bank cannot control where the government chooses to send a future stimulus payment. However, if one is sent to your old card account number at any point until the end of 2021, you will be able to access those fund using your new Emerald Card issued by MetaBank. H&R Block can also assist you in getting a new Emerald Card if you need one.